cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The backup job throws a Warning!!!

Vino_J
Level 4

Hi ,

We are trying to backup a HPUX client and the backups are continously failing. We have a Windows Master Server (Windows 2003 Enterprise Version/64 bit) and the Version of Netbackup is 6.5.6. While trying to run backups, the backup job throws a warning and then continues to backup. Anyhow finally it fails due to another issue which I have posted already in this forum. Herewith I have furnished the logs from activity monitor.

Logs:

"

“5/6/2011 5:47:40 PM - Warning bpbrm(pid=7580) from client CTSINTBMELXVM1: WRN - Error reading VxFS File Change Log superblock. Errno = 2: No such file or directory

5/6/2011 5:47:41 PM - Warning bpbrm(pid=7580) from client CTSINTBMELXVM1: WRN - Error in VxFS FCL processing for /app.  Continuing with normal file system scan. ”

Please advise....

6 REPLIES 6

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What about the previous issue ? 

Vino_J
Level 4

Trying to update latest Gigabit Ethernet Interface patch on the Host....

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

So what is the reason of this post ? Update the NIC patch and update the the previous forum post about the status I think 

Vino_J
Level 4

Hope they are two different issues.... Anyways will update the previous post once we have the patch updated and firewall time out settings changed.....

Will_Restore
Level 6

See this this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO34228&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...

"If NetBackup encounters any errors as it processes the FCL, it switches to the normal files system scan. If this switch occurs, it appears in the Activity Monitor."

Vino_J
Level 4

Checked and found FCL license is not available on the VM.. Thank you all !!!!