cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The request terminated with Error code VRTS-28678

Level 2

Folks,

We were running Netbackup 7.1.1 due to age and deploying Server 2016 server we needed to upgrade to 8.x due to policy. So we did a Cat Backup, stopped the services. Removed 7.1.1, rebooted and installed 8.1 on the Master and Media server, no issues and was ablle to setup the robots,volums, etc. Everything was fine, did a few reboots to make sure the services were happy. Then we recovered the catalog, things were fine could see the media, old backups. Setup a backup and a restore to run to make sure things were happy. I go to log back in a while later to check the status and I get "The request terminated with Error code VRTS-28678" when I ty loging in on the Master, I thought hmmm odd and tried to login on the Media Server to the Master and get the same error. But I can login locally to the Media server, but cannot look tthe Meda etc.

What did I miss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You cannot recover an older version catalog to a newer NBU version.
The only way you could keep your old catalogs was through multi-step upgrade.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You cannot recover an older version catalog to a newer NBU version.
The only way you could keep your old catalogs was through multi-step upgrade.

Thank you Marianne, figured it was something simple. Hmm will have to do some reading when I get home my work blocks the support pages for Veritas, makes life ever so much easier.

Thanks again!