Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The robot is not seen from the local master server

Mahmoud_Moussa
Level 5
Partner

I had one master server and three media server

I had a problem in one of the media server where it wasn't able to control the robot so I deleted all devices from this media server  and even from all media servers and the masterserver itself using nbemmcmd -deletealldevices 

Mastersever name : Netbackup

Media Server : expowsrv

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename expowsrv -machinetype media
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename netbackup -machinetype media

The problem now is that the robot is seen from the media server expowsrv as local controlled by expowsrv

however from the netbackup it's seen but also controlled from the media server expowsrv 
this causes a problem in the robot inventory as I can't find the robot in Netbackup to do the inventory from it
so when I try to update the library contents using the robot controlled by expowsrv it gives me another error

it can only show the contents but failed to update
seems because all the previous inventories that were done during all these previous years was done by the robot that is locally attached and controlled by the master server 

It's worth mentioning that all

sgscan , scan can show the locally attached robot 

By the way both versions are 7.5 

Is there any ideas what's the problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Dis you restart NBU on master and media server after deleting the devices? Next step would be to run device config wizard and only select the master server to ensure robot control is on the master. Run device config wizard again. This time selecting master and media server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

After deleting the device configuration, how did you re-add a device configuration?  Did you run the 'discovery wizard' ?  Did it not show any problems?

Does scan and/or sgscan show the robot control and all tape drives on all hosts (master and media servers)?

Marianne
Dis you restart NBU on master and media server after deleting the devices? Next step would be to run device config wizard and only select the master server to ensure robot control is on the master. Run device config wizard again. This time selecting master and media server.

Mahmoud_Moussa
Level 5
Partner

Dear All here 

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late feedback 

Actually what I've done is that I stopped all the netbackup services on all other media servers I have and then I readd the robot using only the master servers and it worked , only then it saw the robot and controlled by the master server , then I restarted all the netbackup services on the other media servers and everything were back to normal

Thanks for all your replies and so sorry for my late feedback 

Marianne
This is basically what I said in my post above...

Mahmoud_Moussa
Level 5
Partner

sorry I marked your reply as a solution