cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttle bandwidth on VMware backups

Jim-90
Level 6

Any ideas how you would throttle the bandwidth of a media server that only does VMware VADP backups i.e. none of the clients have an agent installed.

In the master server properties you can throttle bandwidth of the clients of a designated media server. My understanding is the throttling is done on the client-side via the NBU agent.  

The idea here is to restrict the bandwidth leaving a media server that goes through a physical firewall port.  Current throttling is by limiting job count on policies. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Other than Mariannes suggestions, all I can think is QoS on the ESX hosts or the in network

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
All I can think is to limit bandwidth for the Backup host. Maybe look at options available under Resource Limits to limit number of concurrent backups.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Other than Mariannes suggestions, all I can think is QoS on the ESX hosts or the in network

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue