cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout when setting credentials vor VMware Virtual Center.

Georg_Kabas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

We have a Virtual Master Server on Windows 2012R2 and upgraded from NetBackup 7.6.1 to 7.7.1. All VMware Jobs worked fine after that. Them VMware Jobs are done through vCenter vcenter21domain.

Now we wanted to attach a new (second) vCenter Server vcenter2.domain.

Under Media and Device Management | Credentials | Virtual Machine Servers I filled in the name vcenter2.domain and the credentials of the new vCenter Server, but have got the failure message: The operation timed out. The operation has exceeded the time out limit, though the service or daemon may still be processing the request (195).

The vCenter vcenter2.domain didn't appear under Media and Device Management | Credentials | Virtual Machine Servers. In the list we still only find vcenter1.domain.

I checked the Windows Resource Monitor - there has been no opened connection between Master Server and vCenter Server. I tried to telnet port 443 > that was successful and connection was shown in Windows Resource Monitor. There is no firewall between the Master Sever and the vCenter.

As all backups from the vCenter Server vcenter1.domain went fine till this, I checked which userwas filled in under Device Management | Credentials | Virtual Machine Servers for vcenter1.domain. After I pressed OK, the same message (operation timed out) appeared. Now no VMware Job ist working - the end will failure message: (69) Invalid Filelist Specification.

We use VMware 5.5 on vcenter1.domain and VMware 6.0 on vcenter2.domain.

Have there been changes for NetBackup 7.7.1 - i didn't find any changes in the release notes.

Is there a possibility to add vCenter from CLI?  With nbemmcmd -addhost I can't add credentials.

Many thanks for your help.

Georg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vjuhola
Level 4
Partner

Have a look at this: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO77209

It does not say this in the document but -vm_type is specified by using numbers:

1 = vCenter

2 = ESX

3 = Converter server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

you add credentials via tpconfig command, try that.

vjuhola
Level 4
Partner

Have a look at this: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO77209

It does not say this in the document but -vm_type is specified by using numbers:

1 = vCenter

2 = ESX

3 = Converter server

Georg_Kabas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks, Guys!

Settting Credentials from CLI has worked!