cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To backup a NBU client directly to 5020 PD appliances ?????

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Constraints :

1. I want to backup the client directly to appliance with no media server in between.

2. Over the LAN from client to appliance.

==============================

If I make the NBU client as SAN/FT media sever and convert that SAN/FT media sever to SAN client, will I be able backup the client direcltly to appliance over the LAN & Not using FT ?

NetBackup allows the storage devices to be connected to the FT media servers by any means.(Admin guide excerpt)

Does this require licensing on master/media/client ?

If the license key expires or is unavailable (such as in a disaster recovery situation), backups and restores occur over the LAN.(Admin guide excerpt)

===============================

If above can achived, what is the procedure to implement this ???

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Bharath 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need a media server to act as the storage server plugged into the PDDO server but if you select to use client side de-dupe the data will pass directly from the client to the PDDO server with just the catalog data passing back to the Master

Client side does what you want with the licenses you currently have

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You need a media server to act as the storage server plugged into the PDDO server but if you select to use client side de-dupe the data will pass directly from the client to the PDDO server with just the catalog data passing back to the Master

Client side does what you want with the licenses you currently have

Hope this helps

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

So to have it backup to the appliance directly set its policy to use a storage unit defined on another media server (that is actually the 5020 PDDO pool) so that it backs up as a client rather than as a media server

Also ensure it is added to the Master Server Host Properties - Client Attributes and always use client side is selected

That should crack it for you

Hope this helps