cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble With Exchange 2010 Backup with GRT Enabled on NetBackup

JHolst
Level 0

Hello All,

I have a NetBackup 7 media server in domain 1, and I am trying to perform a granular backup of mailboxes on an Exchange server in domain 2. I have the client for NFS service enabled and running on the Exchange server.

When I run the backup with GRT enabled, NetBackup ultimatley returns a file read error (13). On the mail server, I see an error in the event viewer from the NFS Client stating "LDAP failed a request to connect to Active Directory Domain Services" for the user specified to run the NetBackup client service.

It seems to me that there is an issue between the two domains and the credentials supplied, but I can't seem to figure out a way around this. I've followed the steps to configure a backup using GRT for a single Exchange server in the "Symantec NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide". Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Try doing a test first in case the error you are seeing is a red herring and, as with all things in Exchange GRT, it is something else causing the failure:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124810