cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to delete a disk pool in our environment but its not getting deleted and throwing Error

SamPaul
Level 3
Certified

Trying to delete a disk pool in our environment but its not getting deleted.
Its throwing the following error,

DSM has found that one or more volumes in the disk pool mps2647_dp_fs_avid(DataD
omain)@mps2647 has image fragments
failed to delete disk pool, invalid command parameter

>  Tried expiring the images using bpexpdate, but its showing as 'no entity found'.
>  Tried deleting using 'nbdelete' and 'nbstlutil -cancel -backupid' and again tried deleting but still could not delete the disk pools.

>  The disk volume is configured in DataDomain and have deleted the disk volume in DD. Still could'nt delete from Netbackup.

Please share ur views to get a solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Which version of NetBackup are you running?

For 7.1 try: nbstlutil remove_all -mediaid @aaaba –force

For 7.5 try: nbstlutil remove_exp -force

If it still wont go then it may have images stuck in EMM - if that is the case you will need to log a call with Support who can do you an EEB that runs a SQL script to remove the entries from the database

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Find the disk pools Disk Media ID 

For example (I'm making the assumption it's a storage type of DataDomain here)

nbdevquery -listdv -stype DataDomain-dp mps2647_dp_fs_avid -U

then try:

nbdelete -purge_deletion_list -media_id @<disk media id>

SamPaul
Level 3
Certified

Obtained the media id and tried deleting using nbdelete,

D:\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>nbdelete -dt 0 -media_id @aaaba -media_server
mps2647

But this is also not working

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Which version of NetBackup are you running?

For 7.1 try: nbstlutil remove_all -mediaid @aaaba –force

For 7.5 try: nbstlutil remove_exp -force

If it still wont go then it may have images stuck in EMM - if that is the case you will need to log a call with Support who can do you an EEB that runs a SQL script to remove the entries from the database

SamPaul
Level 3
Certified

Mark,

It was indeed helpful.  When i gave "nbstlutil remove_all" for the specific Disk Media id, the command prompt got hung. I cancelled that  and verified the Disk pools in GUI console, it was showing all Disk pools got deleted. But after some time, all DP's were visible. Then i tried deleting the DP which has to be deleted and it happened.

Thanks

SamPaul
Level 3
Certified

But am not sure, why initially it was showing as All Disk pools got deleted? Also the GUI console got hung completely for a couple of minutes.