cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugrading Encryption NBU 5.0 to 5.1

Not applicable
We use NBU ES 5.0 and client encryption licences. I have support and want to move to 5.1 to take advantage of the additional encryption offerered, 128/256 bit 3-DES etc. The 5.1 encryption admin manual quotes "original licences are valid for upgrade". However what this doesn't make clear is whether these licences just enable the same reduced feature set in 5.1 or whether the full 5.1 encryption suite is made available using 5.0 licences after the upgrade.

In other words if I upgrades to 5.1 will my 5.0 encryption licences enable me to do 3-DES on 5.1

Peter

Thanks

Peter Hawkins
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
Peter,
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I know that VERITAS in the past has enabled new features that they did work with previous version licenses. Unfortunately, I cannot state that to be the case with encryption because I currently am not using that option. I am surprised that this forum hasn't answered this question because I know that encryption is used in this community. I would definetly contact VERITAS for a definitive answer. If you have problems contacting your specific sales agent or perhaps you bought through a non responsive reseller then may I suggest that you try the "chat with a sales rep" hyperlink that is on the VERITAS website.