cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add NDMP Host. Validation of the Credentials Failed.

SBMTMiller
Level 4

NBU 7.5. We suddenly lost connection to one of our Netapp NDMP controllers. Under credentials > NDMP Hosts, I noticed the NDMP host is gone. When I try to add it back, it fails with >  Validation of the Credentials Failed........

• nbemmcmd -listhosts: I can see all but the NDMP host we need listed.

• tpconfig -add/delete -nh x -user_id x -password X:I can add / remove the NDMP host via the command line however I never see the NDMP host show up under NDMP hosts. Further more running nbemmcmd -listhosts doesnt show the NDMP host.   

• tpautoconf -verify X:  ndmp_connect_client_auth failed
  •  
  • On the Netapp device, I created a new user with backup operation rights and I still cannot connect even with the new account, or even my own account. 

Does this sound like an issue with Netapp?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SBMTMiller
Level 4

This issue was resolved by resetting the password on the Netapp Device via SSH command line. (Resetting the password via the GUI did not work.)  

The command ran on Netapp:

ndmpd password <Account name>

This command registers a new password which will be displayed in the command window. Using this new password allowed the NDMP host to be added.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SBMTMiller
Level 4

This issue was resolved by resetting the password on the Netapp Device via SSH command line. (Resetting the password via the GUI did not work.)  

The command ran on Netapp:

ndmpd password <Account name>

This command registers a new password which will be displayed in the command window. Using this new password allowed the NDMP host to be added.  

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

NBU 7.5. We suddenly lost connection to one of our Netapp NDMP controllers

so does it working fine previously?

What is the Product model of the NDMP filer?

###EDIT###

Oops.. looks like I am slow... :)