cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Browse Cluster Backups in BAR

rmahaffey
Level 4

Hello,

I have seen some others post about this but I have not found a solution.  Here is my situation. 

- 1 master/media server running 7.5.0.3 (Server 2008R2)

- 1 Exchange 2003 cluster running on Server 2003 and has with 7.5.0.3

- 1 File cluster running on Server 2008R2 and has client 7.5.03

I am able to browse non-cluster clients but with these two clusters I get "Warning: unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria."

I am running BAR from the NetBackup master server and I have checked the client names and policy types a million times.  I have also confirmed that images exist and the bakups have been completing successfully daily.  I am also running the BAR as admin.

I have the exact same set up running on a seperate network and it works fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is Client name in cluster policy? (Check exact spelling, case, short vs FQDN.)

Where are you trying to browse from -  Master or on one of the cluster nodes?

If you browse on master, carefully match client name and policy type.

rmahaffey
Level 4

Thanks for your quick reponse Marianne.

The client names are all lower case and exactly the same as the policy and the client properties.

I am browsing from the Master server.  I know not to do restores from a cluster node.

I have checked the client name and policy type several times and it only doesn't allow me to browse on the clusters.  All other single server backups are browseable.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What errors are you getting?

Can you please post screenshots of each step that you follow in BAR GUI, starting with Specify Client name and Policy type?

Please also check under Reports -> Client Backups if you can list backups for one of the Client names in cluster policy.
If so, please export report and post the txt file here.

rmahaffey
Level 4

The error that I get when I select "Restore from Normal Backup" is "Warning: unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria."

Unfortunately I am unable to post screenshots or log files.  The process I am using is below -

- Open BAR on Master server with Run as Administrator

- File>Specify NetBackup Machine and Policy Type

- Select master server (I have checked name)

- Source client is the client name in the policy as well as the Reports

- Destination client is the same server

- Policy type is MS-Exchange-Server

- Select Restore from Normal Backup

This is where I can see all of my full and incremental backups but I am unable to browse through the backups for all days.

I ran the report and I do have daily backups in there with a lot of data under size.