cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect to a Master Server from NOM Server

RoyFVNHS
Level 3
The reporting server (NOM) on site A will connect to a server on site B but will not connect to a server on site C.  I've had our network guys check out connectivity and from that perspective things are okay and they say it must be a software problem with Netbackup.

I can send a ping to the servers both ways and can also remote desktop to it from the NOM server.  However, when I click on the "Locate" button for a Master Server, I receive this error message "Server "servername" could not be located. Make sure the server is reachable on the network and NetBackup is running." 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jim-m
Level 5

Try from GUI console

Host Properties -> Master Servers -> your master server's properties -> Servers -> Additional Servers

add you NOM server to the list.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jim-m
Level 5

Try from GUI console

Host Properties -> Master Servers -> your master server's properties -> Servers -> Additional Servers

add you NOM server to the list.  

TimBurlowski
Employee Accredited
 Are there seperate networks involved here. I've heard reports of needing a required interface on the master, but haven't confirmed it myself. In theory it doesn't make sense, but I might try it and see if it changes anything.

RoyFVNHS
Level 3

Thanks for your suggestion, it worked. :)

Many thanks

Roy

TimBurlowski
Employee Accredited
Awesome!

nicholas_anders
Level 2
Hi Roy,

Im having the same problem here.

Could you explain with more details how did you solve this problem?

I installed NBU client, and VX stuff and NOM and everything seems to be okay.

The problem is that I cant add any master server. It always complain with message below:

Server "dtsbkp" could not be located. Make sure the server is reachable on the network and NetBackup is running. 

Ping works, telnet on port 1556 works, and all other tests. I even made a shadow copy components backup of this client and it worked.

NOM Server and NBU Master Server are on different networks.

Rgrds

Nicholas

RoyFVNHS
Level 3

Hi Nicholas, 

Apologies for the delayed response. Our NOM Server and our Master Server are on the same network but on a different subnet and on a remote site. 

However, this is what I did:Logon to Veritas Operations Manager.Open up the Context Panel in the left hand side window.

Click on the server at the top of the list - this should be your NBU Master Reporting Server.Click on the Server ICON with a yellow plus (+) sign to the right of the word Context fill in the field called Network name or IP address:Press the Locate button. If you get an error – do the following: Load Netbackup Admin Console for the Master Server that you wish NOM to connect to.In the Left hand window underneath the Master Servers FQDN open up Net Backup Management> open up Host Properties>Click on Master Servers>In the right hand window right click on the master server>select properties>click on Servers in the left hand side>in Additional Servers box add your NOM server to the list. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Roy