cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add credential on (New Virtual Machine Server)

mark25
Level 4

Hi All,

In My test environment, I encountered this issue while trying to add credential on NEW VIRTUAL MACHINE SERVER, on netbackup master GUI. (VMWARE CREDENTIAL VALIDATION FAILED, CLIENT HOSTNAME COULD NOT BE FOUND) (48) ,please see below the isolation i made.

*Add hostname of Esxi on Master server host properties (vmware access host tab)

* add hostname of esxi and i.p on the Local host file of Master/Media also on target vm to be backup.

*run ping on Master\Media (esx hostname, i.p)- success

* run Nslookup on master/media server- success

*Disabled UAC on Master and Media server

(Other Info)

master server= nbu 8.0/ windows server 2012 r2

media server= nbu 8.0/ windows server 2012 r2

esxi= 6.0

While searching for troublshooting guide on google and i found this.

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -virtual_machine <virtual_machine_name> -vm_user_id <user ID> -vm_type <virtual_machine_type> -requiredport <IP port number> -password <password

Question: where do i find -vm_user_id? Virtual_machine_type? IP port number?, do i need to add port number since all of my firewall is set to Turned off?

Thanks you 

Mark 25

5 REPLIES 5

L_BR
Level 5

Are you adding the ESX host name or the VirtualCenter name? 

Hi 

I'm adding Esxi Hostname only.

Is there a specific reason you're using the ESX host and not the VC? 

*Add hostname of Esxi on Master server host properties (vmware access host tab)

You need to add the media agents that can access the ESX/VC servers. Not the ESX Hosts.

If possible, try it with Vitrual Center server instead. You'll need to get a username/password from your VMware team to log on to Vcenter. 

Hi

Our vcenter still on troubleshooting with the other issue, that's why i used esxi only.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not a VMware expert, but my understanding is that when ESX is under VC control, the ESX server cannot be accessed directly. Comms need to go through VC.

Try again when VC issue is fixed.