cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup SQL data using Netbackup

ali_hassan
Level 4

Hi All,

I have an odd issue going on here, I am using nerbackup 7.6 to backup my sql data but when I start the job it completed sucessfully but does not backup any information.

What my sql team does is that they use a separate software to backup all the information they need and dump it on a shared drives available on the SQL nodes and I want to back that data.

This is a 2 node cluster and I am connecting to te virtual name in netbackup.. when i do that and open up backup selection tab I can see the information I need to backup but it does nothing

120px_Capture_0.JPG

Any ideas why is the data not being backed up even though I can select it and see it while creating the policy... i am created a normal policy type of ME-Windows as this i not a sql backup which i am doing..

Thanks

A

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As sql team is dumping the data to share you should be backing up this data as flat file backup. If that data is still mounted in SQL or still live you will not be able to backup that data.

The screenshot is not visible.You need to post the detailed status to show what exactly it is doing. Does it show the byte count increasing, any file getting skipped, status of it ? How you reached to conclusion that it didn't backup anything.

rookie11
   VIP   

As your taking backup os SQL dump hence a flat file in ms windows policy.

could u plz check in BAR in GUI

ali_hassan
Level 4

i figured it out.. in the policy there is an option to check

Backup Network Drives

Cross Mount Points

Its under the Atrributes Tab and once I checked that all files were backed up alright...