cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to brows files during restore

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi guys,

I installed NBU media server on Solaris server with Oracle database  and take a file system backup, now I unable to brows files from successfully file system backup, I get "There are no files matching the specified criteria", Using Windows administration console did not resolve issue,

Anybody can help me?

Thanks 

from 

12 REPLIES 12

Will_Restore
Level 6

Details?

Policy type?

Date Range?

etc...

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi Will, thank you for reply.

Policy type is standard, please see attachment

thanks

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to ensure that ALL search criteria match. Client name must be exactly the same as in policy. Date range already mentioned. Try bplist command on master server: bplist -C (client-name ) -t 0 -s (start-date) -R 4 / Where start-date is in this format : mm/dd/yyyy PS : Oracle server should have Oracle agent policy for Oracle dbs and logs.

watsons
Level 6

Most common mistake (I used to) made was the "path" you're using.

By default, it is usually set to /root  or C:\ so I have to change it to "/" (for Unix) to work for Unix clients.

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi Marine,

Client name is same as in policy, and exactly same as server hostname, I checked them before, 

this is output of bplist command:

# ./bplist  -C *** -t 0 -s 01/01/2015 -R 4

./bplist: No such file or directoryEXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

Any other idea?

thanks

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi Watson,

Yes, you are right, but if I clear / in "brows directory" or even I enter exactly backup selection path error messages will appear, 

Thanks 

Karn456
Not applicable

Hey Watson, 

The thing you explained in reply I had applied / in brows directory but have not seen any error till now,

watsons
Level 6

/  should work and you can try to expand the subdir from there onwards. What error are you seeing? Can you attach a screenshot? 

Marianne
You forgot the / at the end of the command. Other possible errors: Policy type not Standard or client name not exactly same as in Policy. If you cd on the master server to /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images, can you see the client name there? Check spelling, case, Fqdn vs shortname. Is the the same as your bplist command? If you cd into the client folder, can you see 10-digit folder names? What is the newest folder name? If you cd into newest folder, can you see files in there?

shahriar_sadm
Level 6

Hi Marianne, 

I added / at the end of command:

# ./bplist  -C *** -t 0 -s 01/01/2015 -R 4 /

EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

Policy type is Standard and in restore process I select Standard too.

Yes, in db directory I see client name, (exacly same as client name in policy and bplist command) in this directory I have folder with 10 digit name (1443000000) and in this folder I have catstore and tmp and 4 below files,

xxx_1443438499_FULL.f

xxx_1443438499_FULL.lck

yyy_1443444656_FULL.f

yyy_1443444656_FULL.lck

PS. I have 2 policy for this server and problem with both of them,  xxx and yyy are exaclty same as my policies

Thanks

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Can you provide a bpclimagelist, or a bpimagelist -idonly, for the client?  Maybe the backups have already expired, and so now there's nothing left to search/browse ?  i.e. just because the backup jobs are still listed in activity monitor does not necessarily mean that the backup data still exists.

Marianne
I think we have helped as much as we can. Without seeing actual client name you typed in bplist and without seeing client name in the policy or folder name in images, all I can suggest is to log a Support call with Symantec / Veritas. You will hopefully be able to share actual names that can be compared with NBU config.