Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to BMR master server

grgjtsi
Level 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please tell us what you are trying to do and where you are seeing the the error in your 1st screenshot?

Please also tell us NBU version and patch level as well as Windows version.

The 2nd screenshot shows that your 'bmrsetupmaster' failed because your command is wrong.

The command is called bmrsetupmaster 
(You had an 'r' in the wrong place.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

grgjtsi
Level 4

Hi,

My backups are getting partially successful because of bmr master server service is down. When I try to start it, this stop immediately. I try also to run the above command (attach file) without result...any help?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please tell us what you are trying to do and where you are seeing the the error in your 1st screenshot?

Please also tell us NBU version and patch level as well as Windows version.

The 2nd screenshot shows that your 'bmrsetupmaster' failed because your command is wrong.

The command is called bmrsetupmaster 
(You had an 'r' in the wrong place.)

grgjtsi
Level 4

I run the right command and it seems to bee ok! The service is up & running. I took also a small part of my backup succesfully. I ´ll be waiting to run full of backup & if wiil be ok I ´ll close the case.

thx.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi grgjtsi,

FYI, in order to gather BMR, you need to configure Bare Metal Restore to your NetBackup environment.

Below link (article created by Ashi) is a good read on how to configure and perform Recovery steps for Bare Metal Restore.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-bare-metal-recovery-75-windows

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Ado

grgjtsi
Level 4

Hi adonis,

The BMR is already configured, thx. for your help.

Regards