cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the Enterprise Media Manager server (77)

Jeri
Level 3
Partner
Hi Guys,

I recently had to uninstall Netbackup 6.5 (Win Server 2003) from the C:\ drive due to space issues. I then re-installed on the D:\ drive. I copied the ..Program Files\Veritas folder from C:\ to D:\ where the new installation resides. I now however get the following msg: Unable to connect to the Enterprise Media Manager server (77)

The Netbackup EMM service does not want to start as it is waitng for the Adaptive Server Anywhere - Veritas_NB service which says that it will only start if there is work to do.

I think it has to do with the registry pointing to the C:\ drive still. Could anybody confirm this and point me to where I need to fix it please.

Thank you  :)

Jeri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Jeri,
Yes, I think uninstall, and re-install to C:.
Then follow the move image DB tech note.

My only concern is whether the s/w un-install (which you have already run once) deletes/removes any of the other internal database components.  In which case you are up the swanny without a catalog backup.

When was your last good catalog backup?  If you have the tape, then write-protect it NOW!

Good luck.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
hi jeri,

since you are having problems with your enterprise media manager, i suggest you restart you master server.

hopefully you will be fine.

cheers.

sdo
Jeri,

I hope you took a full catalog backup before doing anything.

NetBackup does not like being moved.  It's not just registry entries, but all sorts of locations are noted and embedded throughout the application.  There was no need to un-install the app.

All you probably needed to do was to move the images database:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/323708.htm

There are other articles for also moving the logging folder structure.

Good luck.

Jeri
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Unfortunately the catalog backup did not work. I had to continue because the C:\ was filling up rapidly and the server was not functioning properly anymore.

i have restarted the machine twice allready and no luck.  :(

Like I said I have allready done the uninstall and re-install. Would it help if I moved the installation back to the C:\ drive and then just move the Images DB?

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

could you check the size of this folder. let me know the size of the log folder.

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\logs

Jeri
Level 3
Partner
The one on the C:\ drive is 6MB and the one on the new location (E:\) is 528MB

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
where is your install path....C:\ or E:\  ?

Jeri
Level 3
Partner
It used to be C:\Program Files\Veritas but I have moved it to E:\Program Files\Veritas due to the space problems I have been getting

Jeri
Level 3
Partner
Any ideas?

sdo
Jeri,
Yes, I think uninstall, and re-install to C:.
Then follow the move image DB tech note.

My only concern is whether the s/w un-install (which you have already run once) deletes/removes any of the other internal database components.  In which case you are up the swanny without a catalog backup.

When was your last good catalog backup?  If you have the tape, then write-protect it NOW!

Good luck.