cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete tape library. error 196.

darkbishop
Level 3

Hi All,

i encounter network read failed when i was trying to perform backup. 

image.png

since this only happen to one of my media agent. ( i got 2 media agent, 1 is EMM server that is attach to MSL01, another is media agent server attach t MSL02), i suspected the issue is with my connection.

since ping and rdp didnt find any issue, i decided to delete MSL02 and read it back to EMM server.

unfortunaly i encounter with below error. 

image.png

image.png

as suggested by the forum, i edited the registry and remove all other media server except for master server.

darkbishop_0-1634711101921.png

after reboot, ebemmcmd -getemmserver still showing media server

darkbishop_1-1634711252997.png

i still cant delete the media library and VTL attach to this library also not able to communicated to EMM server.

can someone advice how should i proceed? i just wanna delete this tape library and readd the tape library.

media library are free to be rebooted. im open for any suggestion

Regards,

Me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StoneRam-Simon
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

When I've had issues with devices not being able to be removed, I generaly find that the following command, will allow you to removed them...  (with the options below it will remove ALL devices, so if there is more libraries / drives configured you  will need to recreate all of them again....)
nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -allrecords

You can also look to delete devices for a specific machine too....

Usage:
nbemmcmd -deletealldevices [-allrecords] [-emmname <string>] [-emmport <unsigned integer>]
[-machinename <string>]
[-machinetype <api | app_cluster | app_server | appliance | client | cloudpoint_server | cluster | disk_array | foreign_media | master | media | nbwss_endpoint | ndmp | remote_master | replication_host | virtual_machine>]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L_BR
Level 5

Is it possible to nbdecommission the media server with -newserver switch and reintroduce it?

I must admit I only work with OST devices and not tape libraries. But something is referencing an EMM server that isn't accesible. I see the case sensitivity is different between the master and media, which may or may not be messing with NBU.

StoneRam-Simon
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

When I've had issues with devices not being able to be removed, I generaly find that the following command, will allow you to removed them...  (with the options below it will remove ALL devices, so if there is more libraries / drives configured you  will need to recreate all of them again....)
nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -allrecords

You can also look to delete devices for a specific machine too....

Usage:
nbemmcmd -deletealldevices [-allrecords] [-emmname <string>] [-emmport <unsigned integer>]
[-machinename <string>]
[-machinetype <api | app_cluster | app_server | appliance | client | cloudpoint_server | cluster | disk_array | foreign_media | master | media | nbwss_endpoint | ndmp | remote_master | replication_host | virtual_machine>]