cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to duplicate images

phscott
Level 3

I am having the same problem as https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/duplications-tapes-msdp-pools-are-failing-post-7601-u... trying to run duplicates from the catalog screen and the command line.  I can issue the command or choose to duplicate images from the catalog screen.  The command/screen is successfull entered, but nothing shows up in the activity monitor.  I have parallel environments and am experiencing this on both AIX 7.1 and RHEL 6.5 masters.  Any suggestions?  

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Same question for you as in the other post, did your MSDP conversion process finish successfully? Can you run a verify on the MSDP images you're trying to duplicate?

Walker_Yang1
Level 5
Employee

hi, phscott

Please provide more info.

Which version of nbu?

What platform of your media server?

What's the type of source storge unit and destination storage unit?

Also, please verify your backup image first to make sure the image you want to duplicate is valide.

Thanks

Walker_Yang1
Level 5
Employee

Hi, phscott

When you run duplicate from cmd line, any echo?

What's your whole duplicate command?

Thanks

phscott
Level 3

First of all, I apologize for the long delay.

We are running NBU/Appliance 7.6.0.3/2.6.0.2.  Master and media servers are Oracle (Redhat) Linux 6.5. Over time we noticed that we cannot initiate a duplication on anything in the Java UI.  Automated processes like vault and SLPs work flawlessly.  It is almost as if there is a disconnect between the catalog screen and actually issuing the command.

My original need for all of this was to move backup images over to a new NBU domain.  I am keeping the old one around until those images expire.

As far as source/destination storage unit, it can be any.  The duplication function from the catalog view plain doesn't work.

As far as the MSDP conversion goes, it finally finished after 24+ hours.  That is no longer an issue.

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

This is coming from a Windows O/S perspective, but I just went thru a situation whereas I would submit a BPDUPLICATE via command line, it would initiate and then just STOP.  It turned out the the BPDUPLICATE runs under the context of the logged on user.  As soon as I logged out, the task would terminate.

The trick was to submit the BPDUPLICATE via the Task Scheduler, passing the required user credentials as part the the task, and all worked.  It may not directly address your problem, but is something that should be kept in the back of your mind.