ritwick_s
Level 3

Unable to get SLP in the override policy storage selection under the schedule

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

one possible cause of this behavior is that you may have configure the SLP or the policy with "Data Classification".

If yes, both SLP and policy must have the same data classification. Or no classification

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @ritwick_s 

The image is simple indicating to me that the secondary operations for those SLPs are disabled. This should not stop you selecting this SLP as a storage unit override.

You can only enalbe secondary operations in the SLP section of the GUI (right click on an SLP and select "activate secondary operations). Whether or not secondary operations are disabled, this should not stop the initial backup writing to the "backup" STU of the SLP (it will just stop any duplication or replication happening).

To be complete, if the first operation in the SLP is a snapshot, then the above may not be 100% correct.

If you are actually prevented from selecting one of the SLPs let us know.

Cheers
David

Hi David,

The SLP is active and both the operations are enabled. But I'm not able to see that particular SLP in this dropdown.

Some features of SLP is bound by license too if I'm not wrong.

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

one possible cause of this behavior is that you may have configure the SLP or the policy with "Data Classification".

If yes, both SLP and policy must have the same data classification. Or no classification

Thanks Stefanos!! This worked.