cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into Admin Console

br_ram
Level 3

I'm new to NBU. My first installation of NBU 9.1.0.1 on RHEL 8.x went without difficulties, thanks to the wonderful documentation. Alas I hit an issue, where I'm unable to log into the Admin Console. The error I get, is " Error 506".

Steps attempted -

1. Restarted PBX and NBU services.

2. Cross checked that all services are running.

3. Cross checked is essential ports are opened. Port 1556 was not opened, opened the same and saved the iptables.

4. Java version is as per the requirement - 1.8.x

5. Tried to login with IP address instead of host name --Same issue.

6. Disabled firewall and tried --same issue.

7. Terminated and restarted nbsl.

Appreciate guidance please. I have attached the log from /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/nbjlogs , for reference. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @br_ram 

Firstly, the logs did not attach, so a bit difficult to debug. 

Next, where are you trying to log in from? The primary server or from a remote system (e.g. a Windows desktop)?

And what username are you using to try to use to log in - has it been added to the auth.conf file (/usr/openv/java/auth.conf)?

Where is the java version you mention coming from - is it the included java version that comes with the java GUI installation or your own separate installation?

You may also require port 13724 added to the firewall rules (not 100% sure if used anymore by the GUI - it is still listed as required in the port reference guide though).

Cheers
David

The logs may provide some more detail.

View solution in original post

Hi @br_ram 

It all loooks correct until it fails. Although a couple of questions. 

1. Do you get any GUI windows up at all, such as the login splash screen? Or nothing.
  2. Why are you using iptables, I thought RHEL 8.x used firewalld by default? Check to see if firewalld is active.
  3. What is the configured hostname in NetBackup (i.e. what name did you provide during the installation as the master server name) - I note that the host has the default hostname localhost.localdomain. This is probably not helping matters, as NetBackup is heavily reliant on DNS and using the correct hostname etc.

Additional logging can be obtained by creaeting the logging directories (there is a sccript called mklogdir in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs which will create all the log directories for you). Once these are created, then the logs from bpjava-msvc and bpjava-susvc will provide some additional information. 

Can you also provide the contents of the bp.conf file (/usr/openv/netbackup)?

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @br_ram 

Firstly, the logs did not attach, so a bit difficult to debug. 

Next, where are you trying to log in from? The primary server or from a remote system (e.g. a Windows desktop)?

And what username are you using to try to use to log in - has it been added to the auth.conf file (/usr/openv/java/auth.conf)?

Where is the java version you mention coming from - is it the included java version that comes with the java GUI installation or your own separate installation?

You may also require port 13724 added to the firewall rules (not 100% sure if used anymore by the GUI - it is still listed as required in the port reference guide though).

Cheers
David

The logs may provide some more detail.

Thanks for your reply David. I guess I'm doing something wrong. To answer your queries -

1. Logging into the admin console using "root" from the master server.

2. I have attempted to attach the log files once again. It also contains an output of my current opened ports and the version of Java.

Appreciate your pointer to resolve this issue.

Hi @br_ram 

It all loooks correct until it fails. Although a couple of questions. 

1. Do you get any GUI windows up at all, such as the login splash screen? Or nothing.
  2. Why are you using iptables, I thought RHEL 8.x used firewalld by default? Check to see if firewalld is active.
  3. What is the configured hostname in NetBackup (i.e. what name did you provide during the installation as the master server name) - I note that the host has the default hostname localhost.localdomain. This is probably not helping matters, as NetBackup is heavily reliant on DNS and using the correct hostname etc.

Additional logging can be obtained by creaeting the logging directories (there is a sccript called mklogdir in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs which will create all the log directories for you). Once these are created, then the logs from bpjava-msvc and bpjava-susvc will provide some additional information. 

Can you also provide the contents of the bp.conf file (/usr/openv/netbackup)?

Cheers
David

Thanks for the pointer David. I looked into the bpjava-msvc folder and the log in there. Followed through the article https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100034162 .

Thanks for your time and help David.