cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login, status: 511 NB-Java application server interface error

dsw1225hou
Level 4

I am running AIX 7100-03-05-1524 and have installed NetBackup 7.7.2.  I am using Reflection X on a Windows VM workstation to initiate the CDE on AIX.  Once CDE is loaded, from an xterm window I try to start NetBackup by running "jnbSA" and the NetBackup Administration Console appears and allows me to type in the host name, user name and password.  But then I get the error, "Unable to login, status: 511 NB-Java application server interface error".

NBU-login-fail-java.png

I have checked the version of Java running on AIX and it is as follows:

Java-ver.png

I have also installed the NetBackup Remote Administration Console on my Windows VM workstation and tried running it from there and I get the exact same error.

I'm not sure what the problem is with NetBackup and Java.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance...

DSW

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Seems you will need logs to troubleshoot. Create these folders on the master under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs: bpjava-msvc bpjava-susvc bpjava-usvc Look for clues in logs after next attempt.

dsw1225hou
Level 4

Thank you Marianne...

I created the folders as suggested and tried again. 2 logs were created under bpjava-msvc and bpjava-susvc.  I have attached both for your reference (.png).  It appears from the bpjava-msvc log that there is a problem with username or password when authenticating.  But I find this hard to believe since I know I am using the correct username and password when trying to log in to NetBackup.  Thoughts?

AIX-bpjava-msvc-log.png

AIX-bpjava-susvc-log.png

Many thanks for your assistance.

DSW

Genericus
   VIP   

Looks like the security issue patch is blocking you. 

You might try setting up a securtiy certificate to your host or your PC. 

bpnbaz -ProvisionCert hostname (from the master)

I thought you did NOT need to patch your PC at 7.7.2, that also may be the issue.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

dsw1225hou
Level 4

Thank you Genericus.

I configured the security certificate successfully but I got the same result when trying to login to NBU.

I will look for additional patches for NBU 7.7.2 in the meantime.

BTW, NBU 7.6.1 works fine in this same environment...frustrating!

DSW

Genericus
   VIP   

You are not alone:

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/login-error-772-and-eeb-3868502

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

dsw1225hou
Level 4

Yes, I see there are others with the same issue.  Is Veritas aware of these problems?  I have no way of using NBU 7.7.2 on AIX at this point.