cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resolve DNS host

Rami5
Level 4

Hello 

i have new netbackup when iam trying to add any client and let netbackup detect the ops it is give me this error enable to resolve the dns on "my host " please specify the hardware and operation system manually 

Note : long time before same host it can dedect 

please the answer should be related this error i don't want to add it manually 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

If your backup client hostname is not resolvable via DNS then you will need to add a hosts file entry (on the Master Server and also on any Media Servers) for the backup client, and then issue the command:   bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache    on Master Server and all Media Servers.

View solution in original post

sdo

Unfortunately we know nothing at all about your environment, so I think it might be best if you start here:

Resolving network communication problems with UNIX clients

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/15179611-130506750-0/v40133623-130506750

...and posisbly other sections of the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.

HTH.

sdo

Gosh.  I've only had a quick scroll through, but IMO I cannot see anything specifically Unix about the content at that particular link, and so, IMO I would think that the steps will also be appropriate for Linux.

7 REPLIES 7

Rami5
Level 4
Any ansewer ????

sdo

If your backup client hostname is not resolvable via DNS then you will need to add a hosts file entry (on the Master Server and also on any Media Servers) for the backup client, and then issue the command:   bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache    on Master Server and all Media Servers.

Can you please explain with some screenshot if possible because the client is in AD and i can ping all
And how i will host file do you mean on client or on linux i got some confused that is will more help with some screenshoot
Thanks

sdo

Unfortunately we know nothing at all about your environment, so I think it might be best if you start here:

Resolving network communication problems with UNIX clients

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/15179611-130506750-0/v40133623-130506750

...and posisbly other sections of the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.

HTH.

Hi

Is it applicable for linux or only unix ?

Hi

Is it applicable for linux or only unix ?

sdo

Gosh.  I've only had a quick scroll through, but IMO I cannot see anything specifically Unix about the content at that particular link, and so, IMO I would think that the steps will also be appropriate for Linux.