Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore Imported images on a Different Master Server

Hannible
Level 4

Hello All,

We have a Image on a Media at a different location

we moved the Media to another location and imported the image on the New Master Server

however when I filter the image in Backup Archive Restore.. I am not able to see it..

is there any Tech note available on this..???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you can see the image in the catalog, then the BAR will have that image for restore. Look at what your filtering in the BAR. Some how this image is being filtered out. For the source server, try both FQDN and non-FQDN. As Riaan mentioned, do you have the right backup type selected?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you both phase 1 & 2 imports?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43584

Can you see the image from the catalog search?

Hannible
Level 4

Yes I can see the image in Catlog search.. 

I did Both phase of import that is completed Succesfully.. Yet I cant see the image to restore in BAR

RiaanBadenhorst

What type of image is it?

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you can see the image in the catalog, then the BAR will have that image for restore. Look at what your filtering in the BAR. Some how this image is being filtered out. For the source server, try both FQDN and non-FQDN. As Riaan mentioned, do you have the right backup type selected?

watsons
Level 6

Are you sure the image only used up 1 media, and not span across multiple media?

If it spans across more than 1 media, you will need to import the rest of other media:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH94228

Marianne
Level 6

Please show us all text in the 'Results' tab of the successful import.

This will give us the info that we need to supply in BAR:

Correct client name (exact spelling), image type (Standard, MS-Windows, agent...) backup date.

When backups cannot be found in BAR, it normally means that all search criteria did not match.