cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore from tape with system assgined medi id a000

rsakimoto
Level 5

Hi,

I have a tape that was labled by system default to A00070. Now I already put barcode sticker with  standard label (T151**). I need to restore data in that tape but it is finding the default media id A00070. When I browsed in the catalog, it can query the default media label A00070. To be able to restore its data, do I need first to do VMCHANGE the tape so as to label it with the standard barcode label, so it will reflect as Media ID: A00070 / Barcode: T151**  as the standard label? Doing that does not permit me, it says "could not change media ID.. Could not connect to vmd on host A00070. Or how can I restore its data with the default media id of A00070? I tried physical inventory vmphyinv but says -  "Skipping media ID A00070 as the media is not present in the robot slot 0
No media belongs to the specified robot (0)" When I do inventory robot and update volume config, it can scan the standard label T15**. Any known or similar scenario like this?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

rsakimoto
Level 5

I actually had to remove the barcode sticker T16** and stick it physically on the correct tape. Is it also cause the reader cannot read the barcode sticker on tape anymore when I tried to robot inventory again? Cause I had to remove the sticker T16** 3 times when I found out which correct tape it supposed to be on after identifying its internal media id via vmoprcmd -d ds.

rsakimoto
Level 5

Created new barcode sticker. Stick to the affected tape. Ran again robot inventory update config. Tape was detected/read to its correct label media id: A00040/ Barcode: T16**