Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Backup Images in BAR on Master Server 7.7.2

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I am unable to see Backup Images in BAR on Master Server 7.7.2 after upgrade. However i am able to see Backup Images using Client BAR which is 7.5 on Client Machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I came up with the solution and the issue is resolved. Here it is:

1- I deleted all the servers in the BAR list of clients,

2- typed them in one at a time (instead of copy/paste using a text file I have of all the servers)

3- now I can see the backup sets for the servers I couldn’t see from yesterday.  Weird how some worked and some didn’t.

4- which didn't (Vm Clients) worked when i entered there IP address.

There are still some peculiarities on how the new flavor of NetBackup sees some backups prior to the upgrade but mostly, it seems to work. Generally, although this is the latest and greatest (?) flavor, I’d prefer the old interface and its functionality.  Maybe I’m just too used to that one.

Hope the above will help others facing same issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please show us screenshots of each step you take to select client, policy type, etc.

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

i need to add one thing "The Master server is the Media Server as well"

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the prompt response. The Policy type is MS-Windows and the Screen Shots are as under.

Master Server

Master server bar.jpg

Client Side

Client BAR.jpg

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello, this is typical for the Java console, and newbies To java will not have any chance to make this run, I do not either understand why it was done this way.

Just in the directory for browsing the directory of the images type a simple slash  "/" for the root directory. That is all.

Best regards,

Cruisen

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Cruisen,

I think you are one of those Newbies. The Browse Directory is greyed in the current Browser Directory Selection Box. How ever in the case of resotring from another Client it works automatically and is never greyed out.

Marianne
Level 6

Look at the date range on the right.
You can edit date range or else select the icon to view backup history.
(Although it seems to go back a year in the screenshot...)

Please double-check client name as well.

I can make out the client name in the Client screenshot but not in Master server screenshot.

mnakhan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

try this, might be supportive

# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
# ./bpimagelist -U [-A|-client name] [-d <start_date> <start_time> -e <end_date> <end_time>]

#./bpimagelist -U -client w2kjims -d 2/01/2016 -e 2/25/2016

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Marianne,

I am sure about the client name as i select it from the list and after that try to browse. Client name is good. Also tried different date range and even year older, same thing still

RiaanBadenhorst

Question. Are you running the JAVA gui from the master directly, or from a remote desktop/server?

Is the admin log folder created and accessible to everyone? 

Have you check the logs under the admin / bpjava-msvc folder when you see this issue?

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi mnakhan,

Thanks let me try to access it via Command and see, will share the output with you.

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I came up with the solution and the issue is resolved. Here it is:

1- I deleted all the servers in the BAR list of clients,

2- typed them in one at a time (instead of copy/paste using a text file I have of all the servers)

3- now I can see the backup sets for the servers I couldn’t see from yesterday.  Weird how some worked and some didn’t.

4- which didn't (Vm Clients) worked when i entered there IP address.

There are still some peculiarities on how the new flavor of NetBackup sees some backups prior to the upgrade but mostly, it seems to work. Generally, although this is the latest and greatest (?) flavor, I’d prefer the old interface and its functionality.  Maybe I’m just too used to that one.

Hope the above will help others facing same issue.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Kernal,

I never intendet to to treat you as NEWBIE.

I thought to others that come into contact with the java console and experience the fact that they need to enter the slash before seeing the images.

I would like Veritas to inform with an error message like the one U see when no images are shown, that U have to put the slash inside for browsing the folders.

From your screenshots I could hardly seen,  that no information was entered into the box, but not that the box was greyed out.

I am really sorry if you understand it the other way,

The Newbie was not intented to you, and I always wanted to refer to the fact of using the java console for the first time, and not for the skills in Netbackup.

Best regards,

Cruisen

Kernal
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Cruisen,

Nevermind man. Chill

Regards,

Kernal