cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see files and directories of a VM backup in BAR

avinash59
Level 4

Hi all,

I am facing issue while performing or checking for any individual restore of files and directories of a linux vm, I  am seeing empty window in the BAR even though the option for 'enable file level vm recovery option' has been enabled. Can someone please help me on this. Our Master server verion is 8.1.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

Individual file recovery for XFS filesystems is supported from NBU 8.1.2 onwards, not "8.X" generally. See the latest "Support for NetBackup 7.7.x and 8.x in virtual environments" document.

Thanks, Andrew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is the filesystem on the Linux VMs?
Only certain filesystems are supported for file-level restore.

You can find the link to "Support for NetBackup in a Virtual Environment" over here:
NetBackup Master Compatibility List
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH59978

Hi Marianne,

Thank you very much for replying, however I was able to find out which file systems were supported.In our environment, we have RHEL 6 RHEL 7 versions of OS, in rhel 6 the type of file systems used was "ext4" which was supported in 7.7.x, but in RHEL 7, we have both 'ext4' and 'xfs' file systems, and it seems the xfs is supported for NBU version of 8.X and more. Since our appliances were running with 7.7.x, we were not able to see them. However the issue has been resolved now. Thanks 

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

Individual file recovery for XFS filesystems is supported from NBU 8.1.2 onwards, not "8.X" generally. See the latest "Support for NetBackup 7.7.x and 8.x in virtual environments" document.

Thanks, Andrew

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@avinash59

NBU 7.7.x only supports 32-bit version for ext4.
Support for file-level recovery for ext4 64-bit starts at NetBackup 8.0.

As per @andrew_mcc1 , Support for XFS starts at NetBackup 8.1.2. 

See table 13: 
https://www.veritas.com/bin/support/docRepoServlet?bookId=NB_70_80_VE&requestType=pdf