cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write progress log </C/ProgramÀ Files/Veritas/NetBackup/Logs/user_op/dbext/logs

admsd
Level 4

Good Morning,

I have the following problem with a SQL Intelligence Policy backup:

Error bprd (pid=5176) Unable to write progress log </C/ProgramÀ Files/Veritas/NetBackup/Logs/user_ops/dbext/logs/6024.0.1593705163> on client XXX
Error bprd (pid=5176) CLIENT XXX  POLICY XXX  SCHED Diario  EXIT STATUS 61 (the vnetd proxy encountered an error)

I've seen a very old related post that talks about a similar problem but the resolution links are no longer valid (symantec).

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/lt-C-Program%C3%80-Files-Veritas-NetBackup-Logs-user-ops-dbext-...

I've already tried reinstalling the client several times, restarting the server, etc. I'm still having the same problem.
The master version is NBU 8.2 and the media VTAS Appliance 3.2. The client I install is version 8.0.
Could you help me with this problem? 

5 REPLIES 5

admsd
Level 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@admsd 

How exactly does deleting registry keys solve the problem?

Did you re-install client software? 

Hopefully you installed 8.2 software on the client. 
Using 8.2 server software with 8.0 client requires special consideration w.r.t. security certificates.

Status 61 explanation:

Explanation: The command or job was not able to perform secure communication operations. 

Hi Marianne,

We continue to have problems with this client, we have tried to update it to version 8.2 and it generates connectivity problems with the client despite the correct tests from the client to the master (bpclntcmd.exe -pn) and from the master to the client ( bptestbpcd.exe -client).

Make an attempt to connect and then report the following error:

06-jul-2020 12:55:27 - connected; connect time: 0:00:00
06-jul-2020 12:56:57 - Error bpbrm (pid=144675) from client XXX: ERR - exit status: <2>
06-jul-2020 12:57:04 - Error bpbrm (pid=144675) from client XXX: ERR - bphdb exit status = 2: none of the requested files were backed up
06-jul-2020 12:57:05 - Info bphdb (pid=1804) done. status: 2: none of the requested files were backed up
06-jul-2020 12:57:05 - end writing
none of the requested files were backed up  (2)

Regards.

pats_729
Level 6
Employee

Hi

Just ensure yours sql client can connect to master/media. Run command from master / media

bptestbpcd -host <sql client>

if client is connecting then check following permissions for sql service account on SQL Server

• Impersonate a client after authentication
    • Replace a process level token
    • Logon as Service.

and start NetBackup Client, NetBackup Legacy Client Service with the same account which is being authenticated for SQL DB backups.

Hi,

The connectivity tests are correct from the master and media server to the client and reverse. None report error of tests bptestbpcd -host, bpclntcmd -pn / -self, ...

Regards.