cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Red Hat Client 8.2

Jim_MacD
Level 3

Has anyone successfully removed the 8.2 Red Hat client?  I've attempted the directions here https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/27801100-136237906-0/v121344818-136237906 for the 8.2 Linux client but they do not work.  The first step  rpm -e VRTSnbclt fails a dependency check, it list several other RPM's that aren't listed in the instructions (VRTSnbjava, VRTSnbcfg) and they both require the VRTSnbclt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Jim_MacD 

I'm looking at the URL that you shared.

I do not see removal of VRTSnbclt as 1st step.

Step 12: Linux rpm -e VRTSnbcfg

Step 16: Linux rpm -e VRTSnbjava

Step 17:  Linux rpm -e VRTSnbjre

Step 18:  Linux rpm -e VRTSnbclt

Step 19:  Linux rpm -e VRTSpbx

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi Jim

Simplest option would be to run an "rpm -qa | grep VRTS", then remove all the rpm's shown in one hit. 

I think you might be a number of steps in the process (which I could be worded better), you are jumping straight to step 18, while missing a large number of steps prior (there are some that are specific to netbackup servers only, but most of the steps apply to clients.

Regards
David

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Jim_MacD 

I'm looking at the URL that you shared.

I do not see removal of VRTSnbclt as 1st step.

Step 12: Linux rpm -e VRTSnbcfg

Step 16: Linux rpm -e VRTSnbjava

Step 17:  Linux rpm -e VRTSnbjre

Step 18:  Linux rpm -e VRTSnbclt

Step 19:  Linux rpm -e VRTSpbx

View solution in original post

Marianne,

Thank you for pointing out what I had skimmed over.  In my haste to find the section on client removal I locked into step 19 and missed everything else .  The uninstall process does work as advertised if you read the whole thing.

Jim

David,

Thanks for the helpful tip and yes I definitely agree the instructions could be worded better.

Jim