cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown SLP name

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi VOXers,

I am dealing with an issue regarding SLP on Netbackup version 9.1.0.1 (master and media on redhat)

The problem is as follows:

When we run nbstlutil report, we have multiple lines like below:

Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_1> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_2> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_3> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_1> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_4> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_5> version 0
Unknown SLP name <AIR_SLP_5> version 0

(I had to change the names of SLPs)

Each line refers to an image for that slp, for example, AIR_SLP_1 has 2 images that are managed with version 0 of that SLP, that is why we have 2 lines for that slp.

now, this same problem we had it on another customer's backup infra under another netbackup version, and it got resolved by :

- cancel backup ids that are under these slps (as their retention was already attended)

- delete the slp

-recreate the slp with the same name

> In the case that we have today, it doesn't work because:

- Even when I cancel the backupids that are under the version 0 of these slps,it shows command completed succusfully, but the images remain there, and by that I can't delete the SLP, canceling the SLP itself, shows success but, the images are always there and managed by version 0

and of course, the bpexpdate won't work as long as the image is in process in the slp.

nbstlutil stlilist -lifecycle AIR_SLP_1 -image_incomplete -version 0
V7.6.0 I backupid1_1659243018 AIR_SLP_1 1
V7.6.0 C ms02-stu1 1 4
V7.6.0 I backupid2_1666389113 AIR_SLP_1 1
V7.6.0 C ms02-stu1 1 4

You can see that state is "NOT_STARTED". 

in nbstsrv logs, Verbose is high (6) and the only message is this :

10/26/2022 10:16:22.470 [ImageMgr::NewImageProcessing] adding placeholder copies for image backupid1_1659243018, SLPname= AIR_SLP_1, SLPversion= 0(ImageManager.cpp:1965)
10/26/2022 10:16:22.470 V-226-22 [ImageMgr::NewImageProcessing] Definition for AIR_SLP_1, version 0 cannot be found, referenced in image backupid1_1659243018. Image processing cannot be completed.

I tried the nbstlutil dropwg, but it didn't work.. images are still there and I don't know how to delete them

Does anyone had this same issue? how can we fix the "unknown slp name" without canceling the images from slps?

the commands to modify version 0 of that slp doesn't work as it says no entity was found.. 

It looks like a cleanup must be executed here but how? from which files nbstsrv fetches the list of backupids ?

Any idea?

Thanks,

BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello case still ongoing with Veritas support

we were able to delete the backup using the option force_not_complete with command bpexpdate:

bpexpdate -backupid <backup_id> -d 0 -force_not_complete

but this is not a good solution and we want to make sure if it is a db corruption or not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Any ideas? :)

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

can you post the output of the command
nbstl -b -all_versions

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi @StefanosM ,

Thank you for your reply,

I don't have the output right now but I can get it later.

I have already checked it, and we can see all versions from 0 to 10..

Thanks,

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If, let's say, nbstl AIR_SLP_1 -all_version shows that there is a version 0 and you can not cancel the slp for backupid1_1659243018 then I think that you have database corruption.
My suggestion is to open a case to veritas

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi @StefanosM 

Sorry for the delay,

yes nbstl command shows the version 0 of these "unknown slps".. I suspect a database corruption too I will let you know once I open a case to Veritas support.

Thanks,

Any update on your case? It is database corruption?

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello case still ongoing with Veritas support

we were able to delete the backup using the option force_not_complete with command bpexpdate:

bpexpdate -backupid <backup_id> -d 0 -force_not_complete

but this is not a good solution and we want to make sure if it is a db corruption or not.