cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Patch Manually

Vasudev1
Level 3

I am having NetBackup 8.0 installed on my windows server 2012.  The same has been used for Master and Media server. I need to install the paches manually. I have downloaded the following patches...

NetBackup Self Service Portal 8.0.1 Maintenance Release.msp

NetBackup Self Service Portal 8.0.2 Maintenance Release.msp

NetBackup Self Service Portal 8.0.3 Maintenance Release.msp

NetBackup Self Service Portal 8.0.2 Maintenance Release.msp

using windows command msiexec.exe command I'am unabe to update the patches. Please guide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Vasudev,

Is it NetBackup Enterprise Server or NetBackup Self Service Portal you are trying to upgrade?

The patches that you have downloaded are maintenance releases for NetBackup Self Service Portal.  This is a completely different product to NetBackup Enterprise Server.  As they are maintenance releases, I would suspect that you would need the full version of NetBackup Self Service Portal installed first.

I suspect you are trying to upgrade NetBackup Enterprise Server.  You can get the latest version (8.1) by logging into your My Veritas account (provided you have current maintenance).

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Vasudev,

Is it NetBackup Enterprise Server or NetBackup Self Service Portal you are trying to upgrade?

The patches that you have downloaded are maintenance releases for NetBackup Self Service Portal.  This is a completely different product to NetBackup Enterprise Server.  As they are maintenance releases, I would suspect that you would need the full version of NetBackup Self Service Portal installed first.

I suspect you are trying to upgrade NetBackup Enterprise Server.  You can get the latest version (8.1) by logging into your My Veritas account (provided you have current maintenance).

Hope this helps,

Steve