cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating DNS/LDAP config

dcbone
Level 3

I'm attempting to configure DNS/LDAP on netbackup 7.7.3 on a 2012r2 server. I've looked at a few documents that reference a flex shell or appliance web console but I'm not sure how to access these, I just log into the master server on the admin console. There is only 1 netbackup server which is also the master.

5 REPLIES 5

dcbone
Level 3

FWIW I just attempted to access the master server via web browser and SSH (per the web console and flex node documentation) and neither seem to work.

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

Well, you're not going to get the steps related to a Flex console or Web UI document to work for steps on a 7.7.3 Windows Master.  That's a little like reading the instructions to repair an iPhone and expecting them to work for overhauling a 1968 Corvette transmission.  Very different things. Smiley Happy

When you say you want to update DNS/LDAP, what are you meaning, more precisely.  DNS and LDAP are two very different things as well, so can you take a step back and give more clarity to what your goal is?

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Thanks for the reply. One of the managers told me the application is pointing at a domain controller that is being decommed and I need to update any DNS or LDAP configurations to a new DC before the decomission happens.

Unfortunately I just google the documentation, and it gives largely no context except "log into the web console" or "log into the flex console" - I cant even tell which version the documentation is for and there doesnt appear to be a 7.7.3 admin guide that i can see (cloud admin, vmware admin etc) its all very confusing.

NetBackup uses the OS configured DNS server (and AD/LDAP if authentication is used). As such what you are looking to do while important is not a question for NetBackup experts, but for your local Windows administrator.

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

So for 7.7.3 docs, you can get them from here:  https://sort.veritas.com/documents/doc_details/nbu/7.7.3/Windows%20and%20UNIX/Documentation/

The online docs also indicate what version they are for at the top of the screen.  

With DNS, whatever the OS points to, NBU will use.  It doesn't require that you change something in the application.  So if you're using hosts files, it reads from the hosts file.  If you're using DNS servers, it queries the DNS server.  See your operating system documentation for that information.

Your master server operating system matters here, too.  Is the LDAP server actually AD or is it a native LDAP deployment?  

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances