cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Master Server from 7.7.1 to 7.7.3

rickywu
Level 3

Facing the problem is when upgrade completed for the master server to 7.7.3, run the Java admin console and waiting for login, it seems the netbackup layer have problem and holding for 2-3 minutes. Then after login and go to the activity monitor, It will show out the logs and then show out a error box which refer to Activity Monitor Failure with error code (195).  Moreover, the OpsCenter Server cannot collect the data from the master server. But all status is worked when master server in 7.7.1 version and OpsCenter in 7.7.3 version. Please provide some ideas and how to fix it. Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you using NBAC?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

NetBackup's own private host name cache on the master server may have become corrupted.

Prove that by doing:

$ nslookup mymastername

$ bpclntcmd -hn mymastername

...if nslookup works, but the bpclntcmd fails, then do this:

$ bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

...and restart the application (e.g. Windows: bpdown -f -v, and bpup -f -v) (e.g. Unix: netbackup stop, netbackup start)

...then re-test admin console.

rickywu
Level 3

Riaan Badenhorst: I don't know but I think I haven't use NBAC in 7.7.1, no setting in Access Management. But after upgrade to 7.7.3, most of things are strange and not stable. :(

sdo: All are worked and I try the clear host cache before, not work. It seems the NBSL has problem and cannot connect to my OpsCenter Server for Data collection. : (

RiaanBadenhorst

Anything in nbsl logs (OID 132)?

rickywu
Level 3

Riaan Badenhorst:  OID 132 refer to what error? I checked the nbsl log but cannot find any error problem. :(

RiaanBadenhorst

OID 132 (originator id) is the number for the NBSL processes. To access the logs you'd run 

vxlogview -a -o 132

rickywu
Level 3

I access the log but don't know how to define and the log is attached on the below.

Marianne
There was a known bug in 7.7.2 for which a hotfix was realeased: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000086971 The problem is supposed to be fixed in 7.7 3. Above TN will help you read the logs to see if similar issues are seen here. Otherwise log a call with Support for them to analyse the logs. PS: Please save and upload logs as .txt instead of .doc. .txt can be opened online. .doc must be downloaded before we can open it.

rickywu
Level 3

Marianne: My Master Server is HP-UNIX platform and the media server is RHEL. But the hotfix is for Windows and 7.7.2.........

Anyway, the nbsl service will have problem when upgrade from 7.7.1 to 7.7.3, and will made the data collection get failure to the master server.

I have a clean install Netbackup 7.7.3 in AIX 7.1 and do not meet any problem.

Marianne

The only reason why I have mentioned the 7.7.2 hotfix is to see what to look for in NBU logs.

Above TN will help you read the logs to see if similar issues are seen here.

rickywu
Level 3

This mean I need to upgrade from 7.7.1 to 7.7.2 and apply the hotfix then finally upgrade to 7.7.3. Right?