cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade NBU Master On solaris 10 from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6

Vapulaflo
Level 4

We decided to upgrade our master server to 6.5.6 because of some vcb issues...

Is anyone have experiences with that release 6.5.6 ? Does it fix some bugs with vmware backup especialy 156 error codes for snapshots?

I will really appreciate any infos or tips or stories about the 6.5.6 version or upgrade....

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Fix and known issues are listed on Release Update.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126322

Have you already open case or post here for 156 error?

Vapulaflo
Level 4

Upgrade to 6.5.6 have improve our vmware backup...

We are able now to inc backup every vm we want... Before inc were always fall down in 156...

Rhugga23525
Level 3

We get tons of 156 errors and we are running 6.5.6. We also get scores of 71 failures.. Truth be told - netbackup integrates very poorly with VSS.  Multiple cases opened for both errors have never gotten much traction. There solution is to always revert to VSP which doesn't make sense because we are soon upgrading to 7.0.1 which depcreates VSP support.  As usual the typical support response is the path of least resistance for them.

Rhugga23525
Level 3

Wow just noticed you were on Solaris.. that pretty much kills my hopes of these problems going away once I move to Solaris 10 from Windows 2003 R2 64-bit later this year.

I assume you have tried the usual gambits -- increase all the timeouts to ridiculous settings, reduce the buffers to 32k (further inhibiting performance) and hope the software can keep up with itself. I've had to due this with 10g pipe to my backup server (never above 50% utilization), 1gb minimum to all clients (some at 10gb) and sub 10ms network latency with 0 packet loss.