cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from NBU 7.1.0.4 to 7.5

snawaz3
Level 6

I want to upgrade to NBU 7.5 from NBU 7.1.0.4. I downloaded the upgrade files Netbackup_7.5_Win_zip.1of2 and Netbackup_7.5_Win.zip.2of2. I also downloaded Netbackup_75_Upgrade_Guide.pdf. I am still at a loss of how to migrate. The guide just talks about the metadata upgrade.Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to upgrade? Also I assumed the upgrade files were .zip files. I renamed them to Netbackup_7.5_Win_1.zip and Netbackup_7.5_Win_2.zip but I could not open the files. What am I doing wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

use the below command to merge the both files form command prompt

copy /b "NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.1of2"+"NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.2of2" "NetBackup_7.5_Win.zip"

find the attached check list that I used for upgrade, hope that will help you.... ( though that is extracted from upgrade guide)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla

use the below command to merge the both files form command prompt

copy /b "NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.1of2"+"NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.2of2" "NetBackup_7.5_Win.zip"

find the attached check list that I used for upgrade, hope that will help you.... ( though that is extracted from upgrade guide)

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

When you upgrade to 7.5, ensure you do not start up NetBackup, apply NetBackup 7.5.0.4 first. THEN start NetBackup.

There are issues with metadata migration when starting up in 7.5

snawaz3
Level 6

Thanks guys. @nagalla. I now have the unzipped files and there is also a lot of documentation. Going throuigh them before attempting migration.

RamNagalla

Snawaz,

Good Luck.... :)