cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Netbackup 6.5.4 to Netbackup 7.5

Seth_Dickerson
Level 3

Hello,

Currently I am upgrading from version 6.5.4 to 7.5 on a Windows 2008 R2 server.  I am upgrading because 6.5.4 is not compatible with Server 2008 R2.  I have a few questions:

1.  Can I perform a straight upgrade from 6.5.4 to version 7.5 or will I have to upgrade to the intermediate versions before getting there?

2.  I have created a hot online backup of my catalog and know which tape media it resides on however last time I did this I used my DR file to restore everything.  I am unable to find out where my DR file is being saved to and need to know how to specify where the DR file should go?

Once I get my DR file where I know where it is I believe I am ready to make this happen.  All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade Portal technote

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH74584

Upgrade to NetBackup 7.5 can occur from all NetBackup 6.x and NetBackup 7.x versions. 

Best advice about the DR file is to save it AND email it. Never store on the same storage as your catalog database files.

See NetBackup Admin Guide Volume 1: Windows for section on protecting the NetBackup Catalog. Info about the email there also.

It creates a nice email telling you all the info/steps you need to recover your catalog.

You can recover the catalog without the DR file (see troubleshooting guide for this note) but its best to plan to store it remotely at a place you can get to it.

Edit the hot-catalog policy and there should be a tab to Disaster Recovery and show you the disk path and email address.

Or
bppllinfo <hot-catalog-policy-name> -U

Will display Catalog Disaster Recovery Configuration.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade Portal technote

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH74584

Upgrade to NetBackup 7.5 can occur from all NetBackup 6.x and NetBackup 7.x versions. 

Best advice about the DR file is to save it AND email it. Never store on the same storage as your catalog database files.

See NetBackup Admin Guide Volume 1: Windows for section on protecting the NetBackup Catalog. Info about the email there also.

It creates a nice email telling you all the info/steps you need to recover your catalog.

You can recover the catalog without the DR file (see troubleshooting guide for this note) but its best to plan to store it remotely at a place you can get to it.

Edit the hot-catalog policy and there should be a tab to Disaster Recovery and show you the disk path and email address.

Or
bppllinfo <hot-catalog-policy-name> -U

Will display Catalog Disaster Recovery Configuration.