cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade master to 7.7.2 can't change opscenter designation

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Have a Windows 2008R2 Master Server running NetBackup 7.6.1.1.

Want to upgrade to 7.7.2

Looks OK but cannot change the opscenter server designation, it is set to itself ..  and while this machine was an opscenter server a long time ago, we have a stand alone opscenter server now.  And I removed the opscenter software from the master server.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the install process, don't think I explained this too well.  There must be some vesitages of opscenter I missed or something!opscenter-install-issue.JPG

thanks for any pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I do not have a server to compare, but I would look in the registry for OpsCentre server entry: HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\ If entry is correct in the registry, the installation will hopefully reflect the correct server name. PS : Did you remember to upgrade the OpsCentre server first?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I do not have a server to compare, but I would look in the registry for OpsCentre server entry: HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\ If entry is correct in the registry, the installation will hopefully reflect the correct server name. PS : Did you remember to upgrade the OpsCentre server first?

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Marianne.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  Being an old linux hand, i just forget to check the registry, and there it was, just as you said.  All Better. 

Thank you for the reminder, YES, I had upgraded OpsCenter first.