cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of Cluster Master Server from 6.5 to 7.5

nbu123
Level 5

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade some master servers that are running currently on 6.5. We want to upgrade it to 7.5.

These are clustered Master servers(Solaris).

Please share some step by step instruction to upgrade process.

We don't have any media servers . Master itself acting as a media server.

I had got several pdf documents for the upgrade process. But it would be great if some of you can share some handy Notes that i can refer in upgrade process.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please share some step by step instruction ....

I have in the past given the  NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide  and NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux  to junior colleagues with the task to compile upgrade task list for customers.

Only when they gave me their interpretation of step by step tasks did I check it and comment.

You really don't learn anything when someone else does this for you and provide you with a numbered list that you simply follow 'parrot-fashion'.

Above manuals have the info that you are looking for. 
You will see separate steps for an upgrade.

The only additional process that you need to be aware of is the image header migration at the end of the upgrade. Symantec recommends that you patch to 7.5.0.3 or later before starting NBU. 7.5.0.6 is the latest.
More info about this in NetBackup 7.5 Upgrade Guide.  

We will gladly check and comment when you provide us with your task list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Let us know about Cluster configuration ... Solaris Cluster or Veritas Cluster ??

Is your existing h/w compatible with NBU 7.5 ?? b,coz  NBU 7.5 required 64 bit

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please share some step by step instruction ....

I have in the past given the  NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide  and NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX and Linux  to junior colleagues with the task to compile upgrade task list for customers.

Only when they gave me their interpretation of step by step tasks did I check it and comment.

You really don't learn anything when someone else does this for you and provide you with a numbered list that you simply follow 'parrot-fashion'.

Above manuals have the info that you are looking for. 
You will see separate steps for an upgrade.

The only additional process that you need to be aware of is the image header migration at the end of the upgrade. Symantec recommends that you patch to 7.5.0.3 or later before starting NBU. 7.5.0.6 is the latest.
More info about this in NetBackup 7.5 Upgrade Guide.  

We will gladly check and comment when you provide us with your task list.