cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of master & Media servers from 6.5.3.1 to 6.5.6 & clients from 5.1 MP6 to 6.5.6

TV82
Level 3

Hi All,

I have below two questions, could someone please help me to answer those questions.

1) We have Solaris 10 master & media servers with NBU version 6.5.3.1. Now we are planning to upgrade it to 6.5.6. So is it required to remove the patch and install 6.5 base version and then upgrade to 6.5.6 or we can directly apply the 6.5.6 patch on 6.5.3.1 version??

2)We have clients in 5.1 MP6, we are planning to upgrade them to 6.5.6 version. So can we install 6.5.6 patch directly on client or do we need to install base version and then apply the patch? Also can we use SSH_TO_CLIENT to install the binaries on the client from master server?? please let me know if there are any limitations.

All your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

1) Just apply the appropriate 6.5.6 patches

2) You'll need to go to 6.5 first & then 6.5.6.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

1) Just apply the appropriate 6.5.6 patches

2) You'll need to go to 6.5 first & then 6.5.6.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If Solaris clients, just run update_clients on Master server to push 6.5.6 client software to all clients.

If other Unix versions, install 6.5 client software for 'other Unix' on master before patching the master, then run update_clients.

spulipati
Level 3

Install Netbackup 6.5.6 patch directly on master followed by media servers.

Once it is done, for all unix hosts as suggested by Marianne follow the below steps ..

1. bpplclients -allunique -noheader | egrep -v "PC|Window" > /tmp/upgradeclientlist

2. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/update_clients -Clientlist /tmp/upgradeclientlist

It is advised to reconfirm all the links are in place for all DB/email servers.

For all windows servers, it is suggested to remove the 5.x software and install 6.5 base and then 6.5.6 patch. Note: A reboot might be required if we have any DB backups (like MS-SQL, Oracle etc).

Thanks,

Sandeep