cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade server push client files

subs
Level 4

I have installed the 6.5 solaris unix client files. I need to know how to upgrade these to 6.5.x.

Much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

subs
Level 4

I ended up extracting the Solaris10 directory into /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris from the 6.5.4_CLT tgz. Seems to have done the job.

Thanks for your replies.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

This article contains information about upgrade requirements and the entire listing for all NetBackup Server, NetBackup Enterprise Server download lists available for 6.x and 6.x.x, including NetBackup Agents and Options.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/315276.htm

& follow the instructions in the README & you should be good to go!

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

NB_CLT_6.5.6.tar provides updates for NetBackup 6.5 for all UNIX clients.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/351567

"...

There are two ways to install the client release update software.

1. Remote Client Installation:  Loads the software on a NetBackup server with
   the intent of pushing client software out to affected clients.

2. Local Client Installation:   Loads and installs the software only to this
   local machine.

etc etc etc

..."

There are also additional instruction for installation in a clustered environment.

subs
Level 4

Enter pack name (or q) [q]: NB_CLT_6.5.4

Pack NB_CLT_6.5.4 has been previously installed.
It must be uninstalled before it can be reinstalled.

I had to install the Solaris Sparc client binaries on a master Solaris server running on x64. This installed 6.5 base. I just need to upgrade the repo client files on the master for future client pushes.

What are the implications of removing NB_CLT_6.5.4 from a master server? What about using the -p?

Appreciate your time.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can't have clients at a higher release level than the master, so you probably want to make sure your master is at 6.5.4 or above if you've got 6.5.4 clients.

"-p" is probably the way to go if you think some of the clients on your master didn't get updated.

You'll need to install NB_6.5.4 at the same time if you haven't already.  (The script should tell you this, too.)

I feel like I might be missing something else in your environment?  Let us know if you still experience any issues - and be detailed!

(EDIT: Did the HTML editor change to double-spacing as a default in the latest refresh?  Gosh that's annoying)

subs
Level 4

Some background - I recently migrated netbackup services from one Sun Sparc box to x64 arch. The server is running 6.5.4, however when I went to push install clients to some other sparc hosts, I found the sparc client binaries weren't in the master servers repo. I also installed NB_CLT_6.5.4 and NB_JAV_6.5.4.

I installed the Unix sparc binaries from NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS3.tar.gz on the master server and did a push install. The clients show they are running version 6.5.

If I try and re-install NB_CLT_6.5.4 it correctly tells me that the pack has already installed. Long story short - I just need to get 6.5.4 client into the servers repo for future client installs.

Again, thanks for your help.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Not something I've actually tried, nor needed to, but looking at the README, docs & previous posts that looks to be the way to go.

As I read it, it should update your 6.5 sparc client binaries to 6.5.4 thus matching your x86/x64 client binaries allowing a successful update_clients......

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

the latest refresh?"

It was ok in the beta .... but yeah, annoying! Isn't this what happened when we came over from STN too!

subs
Level 4

I ended up extracting the Solaris10 directory into /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris from the 6.5.4_CLT tgz. Seems to have done the job.

Thanks for your replies.