cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 7.7.2 Where is nbconsole.exe?

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Just upgraded my Windows (server 2008 R2) master server to 7.7.2 from 7.6.1.

Seemed to go OK, but I cannot find nbconsole.exe,  which always used to be in C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin

All I can find is the Java console, but I much preferred the windows native GUI.

Feeling kinda dumb here, and would appreciate any info or pointers.  Sure I'm just missing something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

At 7.7 the Windows console was dropped it and it Java console only now.

Will attach the documentation showing this shortly.

7.7 release notes:

User interface enhancements Starting with version 7.7, NetBackup no longer includes a native Windows version of the NetBackup Administration Console. Instead, the Java-based version of the console has been updated and enhanced to provide unified performance and functionality across all supported Windows and UNIX platforms. Unless otherwise noted, all uses of the term NetBackup Administration Console within the product documentation are in reference to the latest Java-based version

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8512

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

At 7.7 the Windows console was dropped it and it Java console only now.

Will attach the documentation showing this shortly.

7.7 release notes:

User interface enhancements Starting with version 7.7, NetBackup no longer includes a native Windows version of the NetBackup Administration Console. Instead, the Java-based version of the console has been updated and enhanced to provide unified performance and functionality across all supported Windows and UNIX platforms. Unless otherwise noted, all uses of the term NetBackup Administration Console within the product documentation are in reference to the latest Java-based version

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8512

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Thanks so much.  I *swore* I checked the release notes.  BUT obviously missed it, or just skipped over 7.7 and went right to 7.7.2.