cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to NBU 7.5 - image metadata post upgrade disk space reqs

AV77
Level 4

Hi, I am planning to migrate a NBU 6.5.3 Master (VCS clustered) to NBU 7.5.03. Current NBU shared disk is on 72%. By far most of it is the image database. I wonder if the disk space might be a problem upgrading to 7.5? A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Alex,

Should be fine for the upgrade.

On a side note, if you have a lot of changing files/growth in your data, you might want to consider keeping an eye on the space in the future. Good idea to have daily reports on the space to see what the trend is and you can estimate when you may run out of space, so you can plan accordingly to increase the disk space.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Depends. How much space do you have in Gbs? I assume as you have a clustered system the images are on the Shared disk that floats between your clustered nodes, so it should be fine. Metadata from the images is now imported into the EMM database.

AV77
Level 4

9GB out of 32GB is free (28%) on /nbu, which is a shared Solaris 10 filesystem of the VCS cluster (therefore /opt/openv/netbackup/db  -> /nbu/netbackup/db).

Also in bp.conf VXDBMS_NB_DATA = /nbu/db/data

I hope 28% free disk space ob the shared disk holding the image database will be sufficient.

Thanks,

A

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Alex,

Should be fine for the upgrade.

On a side note, if you have a lot of changing files/growth in your data, you might want to consider keeping an eye on the space in the future. Good idea to have daily reports on the space to see what the trend is and you can estimate when you may run out of space, so you can plan accordingly to increase the disk space.