cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Netbackup 8.1.1 to 8.2

gaapeio
Level 4

I am in the midst of upgrading from 8.1.1 to 8.2.

We have 2 Windows masters communicating through AIR SLP's. Each master is a Windows cluster.

We are also using 4 Veritas 5240 appliances.

What is the suggested order of upgrading the Netbackup environment (master server, media servers, appliances, clients) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Krutons
   VIP   

OpsCenter: Run a backup of the DB using the the backup script. Then stop services and install the 8.2 Opscenter Software.

Master Server: Pause all secondary SLP operations, stop services. Install the 8.2 Software.

Media Servers (Appliances): If you can get the 3.2 software from the appliance Web GUI, download it. Stop services then install the 3.2 software.

Before you do any of that, I'd suggest reading the documentation.
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/125240132-136237919-0/index

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Krutons
   VIP   

OpsCenter
Master Server
Media Server(s)
Client(s)

In that order, I don't believe the 3.2 software for appliances has been re-released, so you won't be able to upgrade your appliances right now but I haven't checked recently. If you have two domains, I'd suggest upgrading the 'remote' domain or the DR domain first, then upgrade your production domain.

OpsCenter : What do I need to do to the OpsCenter server ?

Master Server : Do I need to shut down any services prior to beginning ?

Media Server(s) : These are appliances; how do I upgrade the appliances ?

Client(s) : 

Krutons
   VIP   

OpsCenter: Run a backup of the DB using the the backup script. Then stop services and install the 8.2 Opscenter Software.

Master Server: Pause all secondary SLP operations, stop services. Install the 8.2 Software.

Media Servers (Appliances): If you can get the 3.2 software from the appliance Web GUI, download it. Stop services then install the 3.2 software.

Before you do any of that, I'd suggest reading the documentation.
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/125240132-136237919-0/index