cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading netbackup 6.5.1 to 6.5.3 (WS R2 x64)

SergioGil
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I'm a rookie in the netbackup environment. My question is the following, what steps and precautions do I need to take to upgrade netbackup 6.5.1 in a windows server R2 x64 to 6.5.3

Thank you for your help.

Sergio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6
Welcome to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Upgrade Portal!
http://support.veritas.com/docs/290185

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
Welcome to the Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Upgrade Portal!
http://support.veritas.com/docs/290185

Seth_Bokelman
Level 5
Certified
I run two complete 2003 r2 x64 systems, the uninstaller works pretty well if you have to roll back, I should know, as I uninstalled and reinstalled 6.5.2 about 20 times on one of the systems, before Support got my issue figured out.  Turned out not to be an issue with the upgrade, per se, but some diagnostic jobs that were hidden from view in the activity monitor that would cause my tape drives to all report as busy under 6.5.2, but free under 6.5.1...

In any case, make sure you've got a good catalog backup, a good backup of your server(s), and go click the Next -> Next -> Finish, and you'll be fine. :)

Anandharaj
Level 3
Hi,

Myself also new to this Netbackup product, so currently we are running on 6.5.1 and i wanted to upgrade to 6.5.3 and eventually apply the hotfixes 6.5.3.1.
So, i believe, the upgrade process should be straightforward:
1. Download the server and client file (NB_6.5.3 and NB_CLT_6.5.3)
2. Extract
3. Run the installer

Question, any other spesific steps need to be done prior to upgrade besides catalog backup? And what need to be done after the upgrade process? Appreciate some feedback from those who did this before...

Thanks in advance.

lknishad
Level 3
Certified
HI,
          1.Check the compattibility.
          2.Ensure the integrity of netbackup catalog with NBCC utility.
          3.Check the catalog size requiremnet.

Thanks & Regards
L.K.Nishad.

piotr1
Level 3
Be carefully with hotfixes 6.5.3.1. I had some problems with my tape library after installed this hotfix.

Anandharaj
Level 3
@piotr@epoczta.pl
Thanks for the input... what kind of problem? Then, id we leave to 6.5.3, should there be other problem?

Does anybody else who face problem on 6.5.3.1?

piotr1
Level 3
My tape library SUN C2 8S started to work very strange, it sometimes several times tried to mount tape before it did correctly, sometimes it had status busy but I don't know why, etc. So I decided to uninstall hotfix and everything started to work fine.