cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to NB 8.0 with AIR

AZ_Dave
Level 3

Hi all,

I am planning on upgrading my environment  from 7.7.3 to 8.0. I have 3 NB domains, "master, master_dr and master_hsp. I have AIR replications going from master_dr and master_hsp to master. With AIR involved is there any particular order I need to upgrade? Do I need to do them all at the same time?

I would like to start with master_dr because I wouldn't mind rebuilding it, should things go sideways (DR is kind of my test bed).

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

The general recommendation is to upgrade targets first.  The logic being that if you're replicating from a lower version to a higher version, and the higher version has some significant changes to the catalog or features, it will be able to easily accept images from a lower version.  The catalog may not know what to do with elements from a higher version being imported into a lower version.

If you can upgrade them all at the same time, that's a big plus most environments don't have in their favor, and that's what I'd do, but it's not necessary.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

The general recommendation is to upgrade targets first.  The logic being that if you're replicating from a lower version to a higher version, and the higher version has some significant changes to the catalog or features, it will be able to easily accept images from a lower version.  The catalog may not know what to do with elements from a higher version being imported into a lower version.

If you can upgrade them all at the same time, that's a big plus most environments don't have in their favor, and that's what I'd do, but it's not necessary.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Thanks for your quick response and insight!

With your explanation, I think I'll disable replications from master_dr to master and upgrade master_dr (It's double redundant data, any how). That'll get my toe wet in NB 8.0.

After a couple weeks I'll upgrade master_hsp and master at the same time.

Thanks again and have a wonderful 2017!