cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use different network interfaces for different jobs/policies

mhdganji
Level 3

Hi,

Netbackup 9.1 (or 10) installed on windows server 2019 which is both the master and the media (local disks). Please assume the following simple scenario:

Server has two NIC's :

NIC 1 : 10.1.1.100 /  NIC 1 : 10.1.1.101

ESXi-1 : 10.1.1.200 (VM1 on it) - ESXi-2 : 10.1.1.201 (VM2 on it)

Two virtualization job nbd backup policies are defined (I'd like to be defined) for backup these VM's. Different storage location / units are used

What I simply want is to force backup job / policy 1 to use NIC 1 and policy 2 to use NIC 2 and obviously double up the backup speed with running these jobs simultaneously.

Is that possible? and how?

Bests,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I did not notice this is about ESXi. Use NIC teaming... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

Well I think in this scenario it is no go, as both NICs are from the same subnet. I would tried to create teaming on these two NICs - this might have helped if only sources of data is from different MAC. Or to move other NIC to the other subnet.....

My two cents.

Hi,

Let's assume I use different subnets (that's possible for me to implement). Anyway, how it is possible to choose the second one for the other job? Maybe you mean to set multiple IP's on the ESXi host, Am I right? If yes, that does not seem a good idea to have multi-homed IP setup on ESXi.

About the teaming, hmm, not a bad idea. I should work on it and be lucky about the MAC (or other load-balancing algorithms)

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I did not notice this is about ESXi. Use NIC teaming...