cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Master Server to restore backup from ReadyNas

pmc214
Level 5

I am using master server to host the backup selections for a readynas path. - \\readynas\store  backup policy.

The backups are successful, however when trying to restore i get error - does not contain backups for client (ipaddress) using the specified policy type (standard) as requested by the client (master)

I also have the same issue with a NetApp file path \\name\folder\file. The backup show success, but not able to restore.

I suspect i am doing wrong somewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you've backed up the files as a share, you would have specified the Master as the client, and the backups selection as \\server\nas\. Therefore, the master is the client, not the NAS. Change your criteria to perform a restore as if the files were backed up from the master.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst

If you've backed up the files as a share, you would have specified the Master as the client, and the backups selection as \\server\nas\. Therefore, the master is the client, not the NAS. Change your criteria to perform a restore as if the files were backed up from the master.

Marianne
Level 6
You did not tell us or select the OS of the master server. Double-check policy type as well. Unix/Linux server will have Standard policy type. If you are backing up UNC path, then you probably have a Windows master with MS-Windows policy, right? So, as per Riaan's post, 1st step is to get Source Client and Policy type right. The destination client will also be the master and the path you will restore to will be same UNC or another UNC path.

pmc214
Level 5

The Master is Windows. What do I select for the source client if it is a readynas or netapp?

I now use the ip address for source and destination with policy ms-windows. dont work.

RiaanBadenhorst

Did you by some chance not read what I wrote? 

Marianne
Level 6
Have a look at the Policy that you are using for the backup. What is the Policy type? What is the Client name in Clients tab? These are the Source client and Policy type parameters in initial restore settings. Client name must match Client name in the policy exacly. Client1 != client1 != client.fqdn != IP-address

pmc214
Level 5

aha........okay, i got it for the readynas.

but i notice the NetApp is only backing up 4 folders and not what is in them?  i suspect maybe i dont have permissions to those .

Marianne
Level 6
This discussion is about restore of NetApp using UNC path. Please start a new discussion for backup issue.

RiaanBadenhorst

You suspicions are probably correct, verify it and if needed open another post to resolve.