cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using retired Backup Exec 12 Media (LTO-2) in a Netbackup Server

bhagerty
Level 2
I have a bunch of used LTO2 tapes that were created in a Windows Backup Exec 12 environment.  These tapes have been retired from that server, and I would like to be able to scratch/erase the tapes & use them again on a Sun server running Solaris9 and Netbackup 5.0.

I ran a long erase on 2 of the tapes, and even though that appears to have been successful (both tapes are now in the 'Scratch Pool') when I try to run a backup job, Netbackup fails with an error stating that "there are no available media in the media pool".. even though  these 2 tapes are ready (at least they appear to be) in the Scratch Pool.

Does anyone know a way to re-use LTO2 tapes on a Netbackup Server that were previously used on a Backup Exec server?  I'd love to be able to use all these tapes (which aren't that old) rather than purchase all new ones.

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Will_Restore
Level 6
Sun server running Solaris9 and Netbackup 5.0

this is a known, working environment or newly set up? 
what is the exact error message with Status Code?

you don't have to erase the media before reuse, just add it to the library, and run inventory update
if everything else was set up properly (storage unit, barcode rules, policy, schedule, etc.)

bhagerty
Level 2
Yes.  This is a known working environment (since 2005). 

The error that I get is "(96) unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available. That message appears under the "Job Overview" section of the JOb Details.

Under the "Detailed Status" section, it says:

Error bptm (pid=25809) Meda Manager error 90, invalid volume pool, host=brzifs2
Error bptm (pid=25809) Media Manager volume pool Scratch has no more unassigned media in robotic device TLD(0)

Error bpsched (pid=25717) backup of client brzifs1 exited with status 96 (unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available)

The Scratch Pool has the 2 tapes that I brought over from the Backup Exec Server & ran a long erase on.  they are in the tape changer & in a ready state after an Inventory.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This says to me that the tape is still in assigned status in mediaDB on one of the media servers:
Meda Manager error 90, invalid volume pool

What does bpmedialist -m <media-id> return?

bhagerty
Level 2
i issued the bpmedialist command against one of the scratch tapes & i got the following response:

requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database

What exactly does this mean?  Or what do I need to do in order to use these tapes as scratch on Netbackup?

Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It means it could not find the tape in the mediaDB. How many media servers do you have? Until 5.x each media server had it's own mediaDB and kept record of Status, pool #, number of images, expiration date, etc.
If you ran the command on the master server, it should've queried mediaDB on all media servers.
Let us check tape status in volDB:
Please post output of vmquery -m <media-id>

BTW - tape management is a LOT tidier in NBU 6.x where all media-related info is kept in the EMM database on the master server.

bhagerty
Level 2
where do I run vmquery from?  its not found under the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd directory.

Will_Restore
Level 6
Media Manager binaries are in
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin

Will_Restore
Level 6
NetBackup Status Code: 95
Message: requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume
database
Explanation: An operation was requested on a media ID for which NetBackup does not
have a record. An example of this is using bpmedia to suspend or freeze a media ID that
does not exist.
Recommended Action: Run a NetBackup Media List report to determine the valid media
IDs. Then, retry the command with a valid media ID.

Will_Restore
Level 6

NetBackup Status Code: 96
Message: unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available
Explanation: The tape manager (bptm) could not allocate a new volume for backups. This
indicates that the storage unit has no more volumes available in the volume pool for this
backup. Note that NetBackup will not change storage units during the backup.
Recommended Action: Check the NetBackup Problems report to determine the storage
unit that is out of media.
1. If the storage unit is a robot and there are empty slots, add more volumes (remember
to specify the correct volume pool).

Will_Restore
Level 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Just wondering as it doesn't in 6.5:

# bpmedialist -m 300472
requested media id is not assigned to this host in the EMM database

(Slightly different error I know, but essentially the same)

Do get a positive response with vmquery tho'.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
the density of these 'new' LTO2s matches your storage units? (eg: HCART2)