Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using wrong password in NDMP

venu_netbackup0
Level 4

I have an doubt :-

1. to access NDMP when need to access username and the password

my question is :- if we use wrong password ...on NDMP

is this one time password authentication ....if admin fails to login ....is this handled by the admin ...

or need to contact the vendor ..

please clarify my doubt ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am battling to understand what exactly you are asking.

NDMP access is between you and the NAS administrator - not the NAS vendor or Veritas.

The NDMP user and password must be added before you configure and add NDMP devices and/or policies to NBU.

The user name depends on the specific make of filer - some filers need root login, others ndmp user name.
If NDMP admin does not want to share password, he/she can sit next to you and type in user name and paswword in tpconfig command.

If the password is incorrect or changes after being added, then all backups/restores will fail.
Correct password needs to be updated using tpconfig command.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

venu_netbackup0
Level 4

if then ..how the user handles this scenarios

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am battling to understand what exactly you are asking.

NDMP access is between you and the NAS administrator - not the NAS vendor or Veritas.

The NDMP user and password must be added before you configure and add NDMP devices and/or policies to NBU.

The user name depends on the specific make of filer - some filers need root login, others ndmp user name.
If NDMP admin does not want to share password, he/she can sit next to you and type in user name and paswword in tpconfig command.

If the password is incorrect or changes after being added, then all backups/restores will fail.
Correct password needs to be updated using tpconfig command.