cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware and netbackup integration

Rob74
Level 4

I am a little confused about how it is supposed to be configured.   in the VMWare Access hosts I place the all the blades of my ESX Cluster?  in Credentials for Virtual Machine Servers, I create a new "VMWare Virtual Center Server" and place credentials for my Vcenter?  Is this correct?  I keep getting an error 25 trying to authenticate, and all I see in the nbproxy log is it trying to use bpcd to connect to the ESX servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

in the VMWare Access hosts I place the all the blades of my ESX Cluster? <<Incorrect, Access host is the backup server that will be used to backup (access) your VMware

in Credentials for Virtual Machine Servers, I create a new "VMWare Virtual Center Server" and place credentials for my Vcenter? << Correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst

in the VMWare Access hosts I place the all the blades of my ESX Cluster? <<Incorrect, Access host is the backup server that will be used to backup (access) your VMware

in Credentials for Virtual Machine Servers, I create a new "VMWare Virtual Center Server" and place credentials for my Vcenter? << Correct.

Marianne
Have you gone through the NBU for Vmware Admin Guide? There is a good overview of tasks to be performed with diagrams of how everything fits together as well as detailed instructions. You can use 'Handy NBU Links ' in my signature to find documentation for your NBU version.